We are Ariadne Innovation NV, having our registered office at Wolvendreef 73, 8500 Kortrijk and registered with the register of legal entities of Ghent, (division Kortrijk), under number 0754.797.382 hereinafter referred to as “Ellie.Connect ”, “we”, “us” and “our”.
This Policy applies to your Personal Data we process in the framework of our Platform: www.ellieconnect.com
We invite you to read the provisions of this Policy. By making use of our Platform you agree with us processing your Personal Data in the ways set out in this Policy.
2. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data and what is the contact information?
Ellie.Connect is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data and will act as the data controller.
Ellie.Connect cares about your privacy and the protection of your Personal Data. You can ask questions, make remarks, and file complaints or other enquiries regarding our Policy.
You can reach us via e-mail, telephone or post, or directly via the platform whichever suits you best. You may address your messages to our privacy contact point:
Wolvendreef 73, 8500 Kortrijk
3. Processing of your personal data: which types do we collect, for what purpose, on which legal ground, and for how long?
Below you can find an overview of the Personal Data which we may process, on which legal ground we base ourselves to do so, the purposes of the respective processing operation and the applicable retention periods.
A. Types of Personal Data
Please note that we may process the following Personal Data:
– Identification details such as: name, surname;
– Contact details such as: username, e-mail address;
We do not process any special categories of Personal Data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, health data or data concerning someone’s sexual activity.
B. Legal grounds
When we process your Personal Data, we will always rely on one of the following processing grounds:
- Performance of a contract with you: when the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract you are a party to or in order to take the steps at your request to enter into a contract. In particular, providing your Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a contract with us to give you access to our Platform. If you do not provide your Personal Data, we, regrettably, cannot give you (any further) access to our Platform;
- Our legitimate interest: when processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest, except where our interests are overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms. We will provide you with more information about our legitimate interest at the appropriate time of the processing operation;
- Your consent: we may occasionally ask you for your specific permission to process some of your Personal Data, and we will only do so if you give your free, explicit and informed consent to us. Please note that you can withdraw your consent at any time; and
- Compliance with law:in some cases, we are required to process your Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency.
C. Purposes of processing
We will only process your Personal Data for specific purposes. Please note that we do not intend to further process your Personal Data for a purpose other than described below.
We will process your Personal Data in relation to your use of our Platform. In this respect, we will process your information for registration purposes allowing us to provide you with an account, all necessary log-in details. We will process your Personal Data for all subsequent access to and (general) use of our Platform. Moreover, we will process your Personal Data for all interactions you have with us regarding our Platform. This includes but is not limited to administrative or technical purposes to ensure the full functionality of our Platform.
Furthermore, we will process your Personal Data for other interactions we may have with you. For example, if you contact us with any questions, remarks, complaints or other enquiries we will process your Personal Data to respond to your enquiry.
D. Retention period
We will only store your Personal Data as long as necessary while ensuring appropriate protection of your personal information. How long we keep your Personal Data depends on the purpose we use it for as described in this Policy. We will store your Personal Data as long as you are making use of our Platform.
We will remove or anonymize your Personal Data you have provided us with regarding your use of our Platform when you have not used our Platform (i.e. inactivity) for a period of two years.
In case you have submitted a complaint or enquiry, we will store your Personal Data relating to your request for a period of five years starting the day after we receive your complaint or enquiry, after which we will anonymize or delete all your Personal Data you have provided us within this context.
4. With whom do we share your personal data?
Depending on the purposes for which we collect your Personal Data, we may share your Personal Data with another affiliate or subsidiary of Ellie.Connect.
As the platform is working with Third Party Service providers, we may share your Personal Data with following companies:
- Datascouts: https://datascouts.eu/terms-of-use/-
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/en-be/priva…
Because some of these recipients are located outside of the European Economic Area, we will provide appropriate safeguards for the protection of your Personal Data through the use of standard contractual clauses as drafted by the European Commission.
5. How do we protect your personal data?
We have a set of technical and organizational security measures in place to protect your Personal Data against unlawful or unauthorized access or use, as well as against accidental loss or damage to their integrity. These measures are been designed taking into account our IT infrastructure, the potential impact on your privacy and the costs involved and in accordance with current industry standards and practice. Your Personal Data will only be processed by a third party if that third party agrees to comply with those technical and organizational data security measures.
6. What about cookies?
7. What are your rights?
Please note you have the following rights in relation to our processing of your Personal Data:
- Right to access and correction: you have the right to access your Personal Data. Before providing access, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us for security purposes. If we agree that we are obliged to grant you reasonable access, we will do so free of charge but only for your first request. If the Personal Data we hold about you is incorrect, you may always ask us to correct any inaccuracies;
- Right to restrict processing: you have the right to request a restriction of processing if we are not entitled to use your Personal Data (anymore) or if you contest its accuracy
- Right to object processing: where applicable, you have the right to object to us processing your Personal Data for certain purposes;
- Right to erasure: you have the right to have any of your Personal Data erased (except in some cases, for example, to prove a transaction or when required by law); and
- Right to data portability: under certain conditions, you have the right to receive your Personal Data, which you have provided to us, in a commonly used, structured machine readable format and to transmit your Personal Data to any third party of your choice.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting us and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request, so long as it is consistent with applicable law and professional standards. Please find our contact information under paragraph 2 “Who is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data? How can you contact them?”.
8. How can you lodge a complaint?
If you do not agree with the way we process your Personal Data, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority acting as the supervisory authority:
- Website: https://www.gegevensbeschermin…
- Mail: email@example.com
- Tel: +32 (0)2 274 48 00/Fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35
- Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels, BELGIUM
9. Changes to our policy
We may modify this Policy from time to time to reflect our current privacy practices. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to be informed on how we process and protect your Personal Data.
If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your Personal Data we will make this clear through our homepage on our Platform.
This Policy was last updated on 20/02/2021.